The best ever creamy pasta with chicken and spinach in super delicious white sauce; this recipe of chicken spinach pasta in white sauce is wholesome goodness in a single pot!
Hello and welcome! Today is quite a special day as I come here with another video recipe! If you know even a little about me, you might already be aware of the love between me and a good pasta dish! Even being an Indian and being brought up on authentic Indian food which is not even a distant cousin of Italian food where pasta originated, my food-life is hugely dominated by pastas – all of its kinds!
That’s the very reason of today being so special because today I bring to you my very first pasta video recipe and that too my all-time favorite recipe which coincidentally is the most viewed recipe of my blog, an older version I mean! So here goes my today’s special recipe of ‘chicken spinach pasta in white sauce’! Drum-rolls please!
The recipe of chicken spinach pasta in white sauce has a real special space in my life. It is the very first pasta recipe which I successfully made after couple of failed trials and then it made me fall in love with pasta forever. Essentially it marks the onset of my relationship with pasta, a very romantic one that is! The smooth and creamy white sauce without any complicated flavors picks me up instantly and I helplessly fall in love with it again and again!
Happiness is a state of mind and a bowl of this pasta in white sauce never fails to transport me to that state of mind every time it makes its appearance; having chicken in it is just the cherry on the icing! This recipe is quite customizable; keeping the white sauce intact, you can add any veggies you want. Broccoli would make a nice alternative to spinach or you can even throw in some cute little green peas!
Making a video of your favorite recipe is utter fun! Especially when you do it together with your partner in all crime! We fight during the shoot of every recipe and then come to a consensus on how the framing should be or where the plate should be positioned; I mean that’s the way brainstorming is supposed to be, isn’t it? That’s what makes the end-to-end process so enjoyable! And then comes the editing! Again, a cherry on the icing!
After shortlisting many recipes for video, we finally zeroed in this recipe of chicken spinach pasta in white sauce. I was always inclined towards a pasta recipe for our next video and what could have been better than this! Chicken and spinach both were handy in my pantry which made it easier to get things materialize quickly. That’s all for today and I will see you all soon! Check out our video below and don’t forget to let us know how it turned out!
- Pasta – 250 gms (I used rigatoni, you can use any variety which you have handy)
- Chicken thighs – 250 gms, skinless and boneless, cut into cubes
- Fresh spinach – 2 cup, loosely packed
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- Garlic – 6 to 8 cloves, minced
- All-purpose flour – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 & ½ cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnishing
- Cook the pasta in heavily salted boiling water until al dente. Drain and keep in a colander. Drizzle couple of teaspoon of oil on top. Set aside.
- In a saute pan with high sides, add 2 tablespoons of butter and let it melt (I added all butter at once by mistake as you can see in the video!)
- Add the chicken cubes to the butter and saute them until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Take the cooked chicken out and set aside.
- In the same pan, add remaining butter and let it melt. Tip in the minced garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Next add the all-purpose flour keeping the flame on low to avoid burning. Keep stirring until the raw smell of flour is gone.
- Now add the milk and keep stirring. Season with salt and pepper to taste and let the sauce thicken.
- Now add the fresh spinach leaves and mix well. I didn’t have baby spinach, so I used regular spinach after chopping them roughly into somewhat smaller pieces.
- Next goes in the cooked chicken and pasta. Mix everything well making sure the sauce coats all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Garnish with some chopped fresh parsley and serve warm.