This super simple recipe of gnocchi with shrimps is quick to make but does not compromise with the taste and flavor even a bit! A fine dining experience at the comfort of your home!
After the flagship Indian recipe of Chicken Korma, I decided to surprise you all by an international delicacy! So here I am, to present this flavorful gnocchi with shrimps in a delectable lemon-wine sauce. Sounds fancy? I bet it is! But with minimal effort – I promise! If you are not aware of gnocchi yet, then let me give you a quick info – gnocchi is small yet plump dumplings majorly made of boiled and mashed potatoes. You can make gnocchi from scratch at home or just buy a packet of ready-made gnocchi and proceed with my recipe of gnocchi with shrimps.
I am sure you gonna love me for this and I am all here for making your everyday home cooking extra special so that you and your family give that ‘take-out’ or ‘home-delivery’ a miss and reward your body and soul with the goodness of home-made food! Trust me there is nothing better than the aroma of freshly cooked food with the freshest ingredients filling up your kitchen and I myself do not know any better pick-me-up than an aromatic kitchen!
Before going into the recipe of this gnocchi with shrimps, let me talk a bit about gnocchi for the benefit of everyone. Being an Indian, I know that it is not a very popular ingredient here yet. But once we Indians would discover what this gnocchi actually is, I have no doubt that we would instantly fall for it! Wondering why? Simply because we Indians love potatoes! And I have already told you that gnocchi is nothing by potato dumplings which when tossed with lemon wine sauce taste simply divine! Shrimps are the bonus added to this dish of gnocchi with shrimps. Gnocchi is not way too difficult to make fresh at home, but this time I used a store-bought packet. Will surely try my hands on making these little cuties at home soon!
Gnocchi pairs well with any kind of meat as well as seafood. Now since you all know about my eternal love for seafood, it’s no surprise that my first recipe of gnocchi will be paired with nothing but shrimps. And the combination of gnocchi with shrimps turned out to be mind-blowing! The salty shrimps balanced the sweetness of the potatoes perfectly and the lemon-wine sauce took it to the next level of awesomeness! Few sprinkles of basil chiffonade and classic Italian seasoning – you are done with the perfect-10 recipe which will light up all the faces in your family and you will be the only reason behind their happiness! Try it!
- Store-bough gnocchi – 500 gms
- Shrimps – 350 gms (peeled and deveined)
- Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Dry white wine – 2 tbsp (if you want to avoid wine, replace it with chicken stock)
- Italian seasoning – 1 & ½ tsp
- Red chilli flakes – ½ tsp
- Fresh basil leaves – 10 to 12, cut into thin long strips (also called chiffonade)
- Lemon zest – 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water in a large pot and cook the gnocchi according to package instructions. Once cooked, drain the gnocchi and set aside.
- Heat a sauté pan (with straight high sides) and add butter and olive oil to it. Add garlic paste to the hot oil and sauté for few seconds.
- Then add the chopped onions and cook until translucent for about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the shrimps and cook for 2 minutes each side until they turn pink and completely opaque.
- Next add the white wine, lemon zest and the cooked gnocchi and cook on high flame until the liquid is almost evaporated.
- Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning and mix everything well. Keep tossing the gnocchi and shrimps in the sauce until they all are incorporated.
- Finally sprinkle the basil chiffonade and chilli flakes and serve the delicious gnocchi with shrimps warm paired with your favorite wine. Enjoy!