After having this best ever juicy & crispy chicken breast, I can rightfully vouch for chicken breasts that they are not boring and tasteless if made right!
I was waiting for long to make this crispy chicken breast in my very own kitchen but was not able to source one right ingredient needed to make this perfectly. Wondering which secret ingredient it could be? I will come back to that!
First, let me just tell you about this crispy chicken breast a bit elaborately! If these pictures do not tell you enough, then let me confirm – these are the best of the best crispy chicken breast you will ever have anywhere in the world and I am not exaggerating even a tiny bit!
It is super crispy on the outside due to that magic ingredient and super juicy on the inside thanks to the right cooking process. You just can’t go wrong with the fail-proof recipe of crispy chicken breast!
In fact, this crispy chicken breast does not really require any recipe; this is just so simple that you can do it even being blindfolded. Simply apply the standard breading procedure and fry ‘em up! More on it later.
Now let me disclose that magic ingredient I was talking about. It is nothing but the panko breadcrumbs – the Japanese style breadcrumbs which is much coarser than the regular breadcrumbs we use plus much lighter in texture.
If you are too much into cooking like me, you may already be very much aware of panko which has taken the breaded stuff to a different level altogether.
If you are not yet aware, then you must try this once for making any breaded meat or fish; I can guarantee that you will never look back at the regular breadcrumb. Panko has a very light and coarse texture which is why the end product comes out amazingly crispy.
Also using panko will also enable you to bake the chicken instead of frying them. Though I used the frying technique for my crispy chicken breast this time but, I am definitely gonna try the baked version!
The standard breading process, which I mentioned above, is an amazing technique to get some crispy fried goodies; this crispy chicken breast is an ideal example of how good it can turn things out that too an apparently boring chicken breast.
Chicken breasts are the leanest meat possible with practically zero fat which is why it is easy to turn it into a hard mess. But if you follow these few easy steps correctly, you will never get intimidated by a mere chicken breast!
The first flour coating creates a rough surface which helps the egg to adhere to the chicken. Egg keeps the meat soft & juicy and also acts as an adhesive to the panko breadcrumbs which is the most essential stuff for the crispy outer coating.
All of them together create the best ever crispy chicken breast! I had planned to make this long back but I was not able to get my hands on panko breadcrumbs even online. Then suddenly I got lucky and found it in a specialty grocery store last weekend.
I already knew what I am gonna make with my very first packet of panko; so, there was no point in wasting more time. Once this crispy chicken breast came out from the frying pan, I already realized that this is going to be an instant favorite of all in my family!
I was so sure that I wasn’t surprised when they went gaga over it! So, here I am sharing the recipe for the yummiest and easiest crispy chicken breast you will ever find on planet earth! Trust me you and your family are going to love it!
And if you are in US, you won’t have as much hard time as I had to find panko. One added bonus of this recipe of crispy chicken breast is that you can make a big batch, bread them and keep them in the freezer for later use! How cool is that!
Also, apart from chicken you can use cubed fillets of white firm fish or prawns to make crispy fried version of seafood. Before going to the recipe, I can’t miss to mention that this recipe of mine is adapted from Elena’s wonderful blog! Do check it out there!
- Boneless & skinless chicken breast – 2
- All-purpose flour – ½ cup
- Egg – 1
- Panko breadcrumbs – 1 cup
- Parmesan cheese – ¼ cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Cut each chicken breast crosswise in half so you end up with 4 chicken cutlets. Wash and pat them dry really well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan. While the oil is heating up, prepare the breading station for the standard breading process.
- Place the all-purpose flour on a shallow plate and season with pinch of salt. Break the egg into another medium shallow bowl and whisk lightly seasoning it with a pinch of salt too. Finally place the panko on another shallow plate and mix in the grated parmesan cheese (You won’t need to season panko since parmesan is already very salted). This completes your breading station.
- Take one chicken cutlet at a time and place on the all-purpose flour. Dredge both sides of the cutlet with flour and shake off any excess.
- Now dip the floured cutlet into the beaten egg and cover both sides. Finally dredge the cutlet both sides with parmesan mixed panko pressing the breadcrumbs to stay put on the cutlets.
- Now place the breaded cutlet on the hot oil and let it cook undisturbed for 4 to 5 minutes on medium low heat. Then flip it over and cook the other side for 5 to 6 minutes more. The actual time taken to cook the chicken will also depend on the thickness of the cutlet you are using. To check the doneness, you can insert a toothpick into the thicker side and if it goes in smoothly, the chicken is cooked. To be extra sure, check if the temperature on an instant-read thermometer reads at least 165 F when inserted into the thickest portion.
- Take the cooked chicken breast out and place on a paper towel to soak excess oil.
- Drizzle some lemon juice over your juicy and crispy chicken breast and serve hot with extra lemon wedges and some hot and spicy ketch up!
Liked the recipe? Let us know!