This super healthy chicken soup is full of all goodness from veggies and lean chicken breast. A perfect soother and wholesome meal on a cool night.
I know I know. This is not a right time for a soup recipe! But I couldn’t help it! I made this soup only to comfort my distressed throat; but it came out to be so good that I couldn’t resist sharing it. I do like having my warm bowl of creamy soup on a chilly night; but during this hot summer, a soup can only be a compulsion!
I was having bad cold since past 2 weeks and nothing is giving any comfort to my sore throat. So I made this one-pot wonder which proved to be an ultimate pleasure to my disturbed pharynx tube!
I made this soup without any elaborate recipe. Who wants to follow a complicated recipe when you are not feeling well! I had some good ingredients handy and threw in all together to get it done. I never imagined that it would be as good as worth sharing!
The combination of chicken, celery, carrot, onion and more did create a magical combination without much effort. Does this sound familiar? Chicken stock anyone?
My mom-in-law is on a super-healthy diet due to some minor health disorders. So she became my companion in sharing up this one-bowl wonder! Though she is not too fond of soups and rarely makes it, she still finished her bowl with a cute smile on her face which gave me a hint that she also actually liked it! No! I am not a scary daughter-in-law!
You can use any of your favorite veggies here and be creative. This is not a strict recipe but few simple guidelines towards a great healthy soup! Enjoy!
- Boneless and skinless chicken breast – 300 gms
- Carrots – 2, medium
- Green beans – 15, medium
- Baby corn – 6, medium
- Onion – 1, large
- Celery – 4 to 5 stalks with leaves
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Chicken stock – 2 cups
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cornflour – 2 tbsp
- Cut the carrots, baby corn and green beans into small bite size pieces. Cook them in salted boiling water until soft and thoroughly cooked. Take out the boiled vegetables and set aside. Retain the vegetable stock.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite size pieces. Quarter and slice the onion into thick strips. Finely chop the celery stalks and leaves.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep pot and add the garlic paste. Saute for few seconds and add the onions slices.
- Saute the onion till soft for about 5 minutes. Then add the chopped chicken pieces.
- Cook the chicken on medium heat until well-browned. Add the chopped celery and stir well.
- Next add the boiled veggies and the chicken stock. Add 2 more cups of water. You can use the veggie stalk here which you retained from the boiled vegetables.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper and let it come to a rolling boil on high heat.
- Then cover and lower the heat and let the soup simmer for half an hour so that all the flavors come together.
- While the soup is simmering, make a slurry by mixing the cornflour with ¼ cup of water.
- Check if the chicken is thoroughly cooked and also adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Add the cornflour slurry and give the soup a final boil on high heat for couple of minutes more.
- Sprinkle some more fresh herbs and serve hot with breadsticks!