This fat and juicy chicken burger is home-made delight to light up the mood instantly!
This recipe is real special! Yes, I mean it! You might be thinking what’s so special about a regular chicken burger! Yeah I can totally understand that, but the reason of this regular burger being special is that it marks the beginning of my new blog ‘Flavor Quotient’!
Yeah, if you have visited me before, you might already know that earlier my blog was called ‘Foods… Photos… Etc…’! Finally I took the plunge after fighting with my dilemma for a long time on whether or not I should register my own domain! So here is my blog with a fresh new look and a brand new name! Hope you will like it!
Chicken burger is definitely not something that we generally make at home thanks to the increasing number of burger joints in each and every city. But it’s definitely worth a try as you won’t believe how easy it is! Moreover, the up-side is that you can make your chicken patty as fat as you like! So go ahead and give your favorite local burger joint a miss and I bet you won’t regret!
Chicken Burger... and a New Beginning
Serves: 4 servings
- Chicken breast – 150 gms [2 medium sized pieces will do]
- Onion – 1, small
- Garlic powder – ½ tsp [Replace with 2 tsp of garlic paste if you don’t have garlic powder]
- Paprika powder – 1 tsp
- Egg – 3
- Breadcrumbs – 1 cup or more as required
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil for shallow frying
- Burger bun – 4
- Cream cheese spread – as required
- Lettuce leaves – 8 to 10 leaves
- Black pepper to taste
- Mince the chicken breasts in a food processor. If you don’t have one, you can choose to buy the minced chicken itself. I always prefer to grind the chicken on my own.
- Grate the onion and add it to the mince. Add garlic powder, paprika, 1 beaten egg and salt to taste and give it a good mix so that everything combines well.
- Now add breadcrumbs, 1 spoon at a time and give it a good mix. Add more breadcrumbs until the mince gets to a sticky dough-like texture so that you can easily form a patty.
- Now beat the remaining 2 eggs, keep it in a medium sized bowl and add a pinch of salt. Spread the breadcrumbs in a plate.
- Heat oil in a frying pan [You can use a grill pan too if you have one!]. Make 4 to 5 patties from the chicken mince mixture depending on the thickness you like.
- Dip a patty in the beaten eggs and then lay it on the breadcrumbs. Coat both the sides with breadcrumbs and then place it on the hot frying pan.
- Fry the patties for 5 to 6 minutes each side on low heat till they turn golden brown.
- Once done remove the patties from the pan and put on kitchen towel to absorb excel oil.
- To assemble the burger, first cut the buns into two and toast them lightly on the grill pan or skillet.
- Now place the bottom portion of the bun on a plate, spread a thick layer of cream cheese spread over it and arrange few torn lettuce leaves.
- Next place one chicken patty on it, spread another layer of cream cheese and few more pieces of torn lettuce leaves.
- Now cover the burger with the top half of the bun and insert a satay stick through the middle to fix everything.
- Serve the delicious chicken burgers with tomato ketchup! Enjoy!