Honey lime sriracha chicken is such a delicious party appetizer that you will find excuses to throw a party every week!
Hello my lovely readers! Wish you all a very happy new year from team Flavor Quotient! I am sure you guys had a rocking time last year and wrapped it up with endless parties; I wish you the same fun and frolic in this new year too! Let’s rock it together this year round! To begin the fresh new year with a rocking spirit, I bring today a fun-filled recipe – honey lime sriracha chicken poppers!
I know you will love me for this and won’t be able to get over it. That’s exactly what I want! You guys must taste this awesomeness and get lost in it like we did. They are easy to make and as I mentioned, they are the ideal party appetizer which will make your guests desperately fall in love with you!
Holiday season is over and we must be back to business now. We spend wonderful time with family get-togethers while closing the last year. These are important moments of life and I believe we live/should live for collecting such delightful treasures of memories which we can cherish for long. The time spend with family makes us stronger and remind us to believe that we can sail through any difficult situation whatsoever!
With this note of positivity, I bring today a quick and easy recipe of honey lime sriracha chicken poppers. They are made from chicken breasts which are the most versatile portion of the bird and can be put to use for various dishes. They cook super quick and when made with right ingredients, they taste incredibly tasty!
Chicken breasts are somewhat bland meat with zero fat and hardly any flavor could penetrate inside. It is the coating and the sauce which make it unbelievably delish. I generally do not prefer chicken breasts in my Indian curry recipes as they do not taste as good as other cuts. I save them for such quick bites which in my opinion is the best use for chicken breasts.
The honey lime sriracha chicken is a rockstar recipe because of its rockstar sauce. The perfect combination of sweet-sour-spicy sauce is simply mind-blowing and takes the chicken poppers to a new height of deliciousness! If you don’t trust me I won’t blame you as long as you don’t try it for yourself. Give it a shot and it will be a permanent entrant in your party menu or even for the quick bites with family!
- Chicken breast – 2, boneless & skinless
- Garlic – 6 to 8, minced
- Ginger – 1 inch piece, grated
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2 to 3, large
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Unsalted butter (aka cooking butter) – 5 tbsp
- Honey – ⅓ cup
- Sriracha sauce – ½ cup
- Light soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Lime juice – 3 tsp
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine chicken, salt, pepper, minced garlic and grated ginger. Give them a good mix until well-combined.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is heating, place flour and beaten eggs into two separate bowls. Roll each piece of chicken first in flour, then dip each piece into the eggs until fully covered. Dip into flour one last time for another coat.
- Fry the coated chicken pieces, in batches, until golden and cooked through. This would take about 10 minutes. Take them out and set aside on an absorbent kitchen towel.
- Now to make the sauce, heat butter in a saucepan until melted. Then add honey, Sriracha, soy sauce, and lime juice and stir to mix well. Add the fried chicken and stir until completely covered with the sauce.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds on top and serve hot with ranch, blue cheese, or honey! Enjoy!