This garlic and paprika roasted chicken thighs have become my instant favorite as soon as I pulled it out from the oven! They not only look so tempting but tastes so good which is beyond any description!
We had a quick little vacation last week owing to our 7th wedding anniversary! It was a much needed break from the hectic schedule where we don’t even realize how the weekdays start and end until it is a weekend. I am sure this is the story of many like us and we can’t even complain! We ourselves have chosen to live this life and we kind of like it too; but as with everyone, we too get over-exhausted at times and our heart screams for a break!
This anniversary break came at the perfect time. We drove to a nearby place which is a calm little town in South-Western part of Karnataka located at the foothills of Western Ghat range. Since we went on weekdays, we were not overwhelmed by crowd and could peacefully enjoy the serenity of the beautiful nature. There, I saw the most beautiful waterfall I have ever seen till date and it is so appropriately named as ‘Buttermilk Falls’.
Travelling is the only thing which lets you break your regular routine and enjoy the time the way your heart desires. Is there anyone who doesn’t enjoy travelling? I haven’t come across any such human being yet! We used to travel more frequently earlier but had to reduce due to some constraints which I know are temporary. I am sure we will rebound to our frequent schedule of travelling as soon as we can and explore more of our beautiful country and beyond!
Now let me talk about another beauty in this page! That is this garlic and paprika roasted chicken thighs! Isn’t it an eye-candy? I bet it is! I got this recipe from one of my very favorite blogs – Jocooks.com! She has amazing collection of mouth-watering recipes many of which have become our family favorites too! This particular recipe of roast chicken is mind-bogglingly easy and equally mind-bogglingly delicious! I loved the way chicken has been marinated here – after sautéing the spices in olive oil to bring out the maximum flavor.
Chicken thigh is my favorite portion of the bird since it not only remains soft and succulent after cooking but soak up the flavor of the spices beautifully making the meat super tasty. You can definitely make this same recipe with drumsticks like Jo had done. And this is a shut and forget recipe where you can shut the chicken into the oven after marinating and then forget about it. Your dinner will be ready on its own in straight 45 minutes.
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you would already be knowing that chicken is our staple meat. Nowadays supermarkets have made it very easy for us by selling various cut portions separately. This is very convenient especially if you love to roast and can decide on which portion you want to roast or bake. We love roast chicken more than anything which is why drumsticks and thighs are mostly used in our home. Chicken breasts are best for quick cooking recipes like stir-fries or some baked casseroles. Let me know your favorite chicken recipe and share it with me so that I can expand my recipe collection too thanks to you!
- Preheat your oven to 220 C / 425 F degrees and set the wire rack at the lowest level of the oven.
- Clean and pat dry the chicken thigs and season with salt and pepper. Set them aside.
- In a small skillet heat the olive oil. Add garlic paste, paprika, red pepper flakes, dried parsley and the dried oregano. Cook for about 1 minute over low heat making sure not to burn the garlic and herbs.
- Pour this olive oil mixture over the chicken thighs and once cooled, massage this mixture into the thighs well so that all are coated thoroughly with the olive oil/paprika mixture.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes or until chicken thighs are cooked through. If you have an instant-read thermometer, the internal temperature of the chicken should register at least 165 F. Otherwise, you can check by cutting into one of the pieces and if there is no pink left and juices run clear, you chicken is done!
- Serve warm with some green salad on the side.