Attention! This prawn pasta in creamy lemon-wine sauce will make you a crazy pasta addict! Taste at your own risk!
Valentines weekend is just gone and we are still enjoying the sparkles of love in the air! Yes, love is forever and can’t be defined or confined within the length and breadth of a single day; but there is just no harm in dedicating another day to simply celebrate love! Although I hate the commercialization of Valentines’ Day and chose not to be a part of it; I am always for love because this is one thing I can’t live without and I am sure none of us can!
If you are wondering what special I made for Valentines’ Day – a decadent chocolate mousse or a heart shaped chocolate cake – then I am really sorry to disappoint you! This time I couldn’t prepare for those; although I would have loved to! Instead I made this creamy linguine with prawns – a very homely yet special dinner which cooks up in no time allowing us to relax and enjoy some quality ‘we’ time!
If you already know me you might be aware that I am an established seafood lover (prawn lover to be specific!) and because prawns cook way too quickly without much complications, there could not be anything better to choose for a quick Valentines’ meal! And this creamy lemon-wine sauce comes together in no time. All in all, this is a win-win recipe from every aspect.
I always love the idea of having a cozy meal with all your loved ones and enjoy the great food over fun family conversation reminiscing the treasured memories! How could you even imagine to have some sane talk inside those overly crowded restaurants and pubs! For us the home-cooked creamy pasta with prawns speak more of Valentines’ moments than anything else!
I am sure you gonna love this recipe of mine – be it a Valentine dinner or not – this is an absolute winner! If you don’t consume alcohol and thinking of substitution of white wine, you can do so with vegetable stock. But white wine adds an amazing depth of flavor to the sauce and I assure you most of the alcohol content will just evaporate during the cooking process and you will only get high due to the deliciousness of the final dish!
You may also want to check out my Shrimp Scampi with Capellini recipe which is another version of the lemon-wine sauce minus the cream with additional kick of heat through red pepper flakes! These two recipes are close competitors of each other and I am still not sure who won!
- Cook the linguine pasta in a large saucepan of heavily salted boiling water according to the packet instructions. Reserve a cup of the cooking water and drain the pasta.
- Heat half a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet and once hot add the prawns. Cook them until both sides turn pink, about a minute on each side. Take them out and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and gently fry the garlic for 2 mins. Add wine and let it bubble over high heat for 1 min, then lower the heat and stir in the fresh cream and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Simmer the sauce for 1 min to reduce a little, then add the prawns and stir well to get each coated.
- Next add the drained pasta into the sauce and use tongs to mix everything together. Divide between 2 shallow bowls and sprinkle with the chopped chives.