The smooth and rich yogurt chicken curry is a sensation to your taste buds. The succulent chicken will melt in your mouth and the creamy sauce will keep lingering in your mouth for long!
Curry is an indispensable part of Indian cuisine as known by most. Being an Indian, it is obvious that curries will dominate our meals. We do love all kind of food being true foodies in the truest sense possible, but when it comes to comfort food we route back to our roots!
There are endless number of chicken curries in Indian cuisine and each one will be different from the other. I can bet that it would take a lifetime to taste them all and I am on my mission! I discovered this yogurt chicken curry ( Dahi Murgh) recipe on net and immediately fell for it!
Before going straight to the recipe of Dahi Murgh, lets catch up for some time; what say? Yeah, I was away for few days, I know! And what else can be the reason! Yes, you are right! Work-pressure!
Things were too crazy to handle, days were passing unnoticed and suddenly it’s another weekend! Which is of course a good news! Two days to relax and again five days of survival cycle! But thankfully coming week will only be four days long and then a loooong weekend! Ahh! The thought of it is itself so comforting!
This crazy week saw a lot of take-aways and home deliveries which we could not help. After twelve hours of continuous grilling, the thought of cooking to satisfy our own hunger is hardly intriguing! During those days when I used to stay alone, a packet of instant noodles would take it all to do that.
Things have changed for sure and I could only keep going on only if I get a hearty meal. Given that let’s come back to today’s agenda which is of course this super-luxury yogurt chicken curry.
I made this dahi (yogurt) murgh (chicken) a week back and I didn’t get a scope to share till now. It’s the right time I guess and I hope my weekend will go as smooth and delicious as this!
- Chicken – 600 gms, cut into medium pieces
- Thick yogurt – 1 & ½ cup
- Ginger paste – 1 & ½ tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 & ½ tbsp
- Kasuri methi – 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – ½ cup, chopped
- Green chilli – 2, slit through
- Fresh cream – ½ cup
- Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a heavy bottomed skillet/wok. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and garlic paste. Sauté for a minute till aromatic.
- Add the chicken pieces and stir well to mix with the ginger garlic paste.
- After sautéing the chicken for 5 minutes, add the yogurt. Stir and mix well. Season with salt to taste. Cover and cook the chicken for 20 minutes on low flame till the chicken is tender.
- Uncover the chicken after 20 minutes. Yogurt should be fully absorbed by the chicken by now.
- Next add the fresh cream and mix well.
- Add kasuri methi, fresh coriander leaves, green chilli and black pepper. Mix everything well.
- Add butter at the end which is optional but will add a nice glaze to the dish. If you wish to make a gravy, add half a cup of water and bring to boil. Once the gravy comes to your desired consistency, remove from heat.
- Serve hot with butter naan.