My innovative cute, little chicken cutlet was a big hit with my friends and family! I am sure you will love this mini chicken cutlet too!
This mini chicken cutlet has a cute little story of its own about how it came into existence! Before going into the actual recipe of this chicken cutlet, let me prove to you guys that many good things come to happen by chance! Lemme tell you how!
Sudden visits of guests are sometimes difficult to handle; especially when you didn’t get the time for the weekly grocery shopping and you least expected any guest. But then we have to manage it… somehow! This happened to me when one of my friends came over for dinner last week as they were moving abroad for a long time. There was no way I could change her date of visit and I honestly was clueless what special to make for a quick snack or appetizer before dinner.
Moreover, since I am so enthusiastic about cooking, I wanted to make something new for her. Finally, I decided to serve this mini chicken cutlet as starters which I made using two chicken breasts that were handy in my freezer! To my delight, this mini chicken cutlet became the highlight of the menu that evening!
This chicken cutlet can be a very good snack on a lazy weekend evening as it is super easy to make and is ready under 30! You can also add your choice of seasoning to your chicken cutlet like dried herbs – basil, parsley, thyme, oregano etc. Or a kick of chili flakes would also work very nice!
Though I didn’t have time to marinade the chicken well ahead before making the chicken cutlet, you can do that which will enrich the taste even more. You can make various flavors of this chicken cutlet where the possibilities are only limited by your imagination. So, don’t hesitate to enjoy this super tasty mini chicken cutlet at home be it a party or not!
- Chicken mince – 300 gms
- Egg – 1, large
- Breadcrumbs – as required [between ½ cup to 1 cup]
- White pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Any herbs of your choice like dried basil, parsley, thyme or oregano (Optional)
- Flavorless oil (sunflower or canola) for shallow frying
- Wash the chicken mince and squeeze out as much water as possible. See tips below.
- Add the egg, salt and pepper and the dried herbs if using to the minced chicken and mix it very well.
- Scoop out a little amount of chicken mince and make a ball. Then press it a little to give a shape of a patty.
- Spread the breadcrumbs on a plate and coat the cutlets with it on both sides.
- Heat oil in a griddle. Place the cutlets on the griddle and shallow fry them on low to medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until the cutlets are golden brown.
- Serve hot with sweet chilli sauce on a chilly winter evening.