This creamy cashew chicken curry is a perfect blend of warm Indian spices with creamy coolness of cashew paste rewarding you with a very satiating chicken curry!
My today’s recipe, the creamy cashew chicken curry, is a perfect comfort food and there can be no better time than this to share it with you all.
This cashew chicken curry has a cream-based sauce made of cashew nuts and it is indeed one of the most luscious sauces I have ever made or tasted.
When the cool cashew cream is blended with all the aromatic Indian spices, it creates the most amazing creamy cashew chicken curry that will give any restaurant take-away a run for its money!
You must try this warm and creamy chicken curry right away as it’s the best weather now to relish such homemade goodness inside the comfort of your home!
The breeze is so chilling in my city these days! Yeah, winter has almost arrived and so is the year end. The time to snuggle inside the warmest corner of the couch under a shawl with a hot cup of soup (or coffee?) has come.
This is also that time of the year when getting out of bed in the morning, especially leaving that warm cozy blanket, seems to be the toughest job of the day! I mean, it’s terrible!
I am never a morning person and I’m way more productive at night when most of my surrounding is deep asleep, but winter makes the morning even worse for me!
For such chilly times, these rich & warm cashew chicken curry brings life to our somewhat frozen days!
Also, this cold wind always reminds me the end of the year (and end of year reminds me of my birthday! YAY!!). When I was a child, I never liked the winter season.
The primary reason was my dry skin which used to become unbearable during these cold months. But things change as we grow up and I happen to like winter now – way more than the summer!
Winter is the perfect time to enjoy, to relax and to have comforting food with friends and families. This is also a good time to travel and we already have our next tour planned.
Our destination is a hill station as a matter of fact; so, it will be even colder than my city and I am sure am gonna enjoy it a lot!
Cold weather always calls for good food and that’s exactly what I am sharing today in this cashew chicken curry of mine!
If you are looking for a cozy & comfort food, this recipe of creamy cashew chicken curry will score 10 on 10 on both factor – comfort as well as cozy.
This warm wholesome cashew chicken curry will not only fill you up, but also will rejuvenate your mind! The richness of this cashew chicken curry comes from cashew nuts which also gives a sheen to the sauce.
A bowl of white rice topped with this creamy cashew chicken curry, with mushrooms as a bonus, was our ultra-perfect dinner on a weeknight since it involves minimal prep work.
Chop up the chicken and mushrooms, throw everything else in the blender and give it a whizz!
Finally cook everything together to make the most amazing creamy cashew chicken curry and reward yourself and your loved ones with a luxurious fine-dining experience right inside your home! Can it get any better than this? Enjoy!
- Boneless chicken breast – 2, medium, cubed
- Button mushrooms – 2 & ½ cup, quartered
- Onions – 2, medium
- Tomato puree – 2 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – ½ cup
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Garlic cloves – 4 to 5
- Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Plain yogurt – 2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Fresh coriander leaves – handful
- Golden raisins – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup or as required
- Put the onions, cashew nuts, tomato puree, garlic, garam masala, chilli powder, turmeric, lemon juice, salt and yogurt in a blender with little water and process it to make a smooth paste.
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet and add oil to it. When the oil is hot, lower the heat and add the spice paste from the blender. Saute the spice paste for 5 minutes over medium to low heat.
- When the oil starts to surface over the spice, add the chicken cubes, half of the chopped coriander leaves and the golden raisins. Stir-fry over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Next add in the mushrooms and saute for 5 more minutes. Now pour in the water and let it boil. (Use your judgment while adding water – you may require more or less than 1 cup of water.)
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Check for the desired consistency of the sauce – if it’s too thick add a bit more water and if it’s too runny, boil off some water by keeping it uncovered on high heat.
- Finally garnish with the remaining fresh coriander leaves and serve the delicious cashew chicken curry with plain white rice. Enjoy!
Liked the recipe? Let us know!