Green apple is considered to be extremely healthy; but I could hardly eat a bite of it alone. Since the phase of salad is still on, I thought of tossing up some jazzy salad with these beautiful green fruits. A quick scan through Google and this quick but delicious salad was ready just in minutes.
I loved the combination of apple and celery; plus the honey-mustard dressing has become my favorite since the time I started falling for salads. So all in all it is a win-win recipe – full of goodness as well as extremely delicious. If you didn’t like green apple till now just like me, you must give this a try and I bet you will be in love with it!
Green Apple and Celery Salad
Serves: 1 Serving
- Green apple [preferable Granny Smith apples] – 2 large
- Celery with leaves – 1 large bunch
- Walnuts – ¾ th cup
- Fresh lemon juice – ¼ th cup
- Dijon mustard – ¼ th cup
- Honey – 5 tsp
- Extra-virgin olive oil – ⅔ rd cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the apples, cut each into four pieces and remove the seeds and core. Cut each quarter into 2 wedges, and then thinly slice crosswise into triangle shapes.
- Toast and chop the walnuts. Set aside.
- To make the salad dressing, whisk lemon juice, Dijon mustard and honey in a small bowl to blend well. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Trim the celery leaves and chop enough to measure 1 cup. Slice the stalks into thin diagonal pieces. Place them in a bowl of cold water.
- To assemble the salad, drain and pat dry the celery and combine it with apples and walnuts in a large bowl. Pour the vinaigrette on top and toss all the ingredients to coat. Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)