Green apple is considered to be extremely healthy; but I could hardly eat a bite of it alone. Since the phase of salad is still on, I thought of tossing up some jazzy salad with these beautiful green fruits. A quick scan through Google and this quick but delicious salad was ready just in minutes.
I loved the combination of apple and celery; plus the honey-mustard dressing has become my favorite since the time I started falling for salads. So all in all it is a win-win recipe – full of goodness as well as extremely delicious. If you didn’t like green apple till now just like me, you must give this a try and I bet you will be in love with it!
Green Apple and Celery Salad
Serves: 1 Serving
- Green apple [preferable Granny Smith apples] – 2 large
- Celery with leaves – 1 large bunch
- Walnuts – ¾ th cup
- Fresh lemon juice – ¼ th cup
- Dijon mustard – ¼ th cup
- Honey – 5 tsp
- Extra-virgin olive oil – ⅔ rd cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash the apples, cut each into four pieces and remove the seeds and core. Cut each quarter into 2 wedges, and then thinly slice crosswise into triangle shapes.
- Toast and chop the walnuts. Set aside.
- To make the salad dressing, whisk lemon juice, Dijon mustard and honey in a small bowl to blend well. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season the dressing with salt and pepper.
- Trim the celery leaves and chop enough to measure 1 cup. Slice the stalks into thin diagonal pieces. Place them in a bowl of cold water.
- To assemble the salad, drain and pat dry the celery and combine it with apples and walnuts in a large bowl. Pour the vinaigrette on top and toss all the ingredients to coat. Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Liked the recipe? Let us know!