This easy chicken ramen noodles is a quick fix for weeknight dinner which is really high on flavor and significantly low on effort. A great alternative to the restaurant takeaways!
After sharing quite a few stir-fried noodles recipe, I still feel it’s not enough! Stir frying is one of my favorite cooking techniques because of two things!
Firstly it cooks things faster and secondly it adds an amazing smokiness to the ingredients, be it meat or seafood or veggies and I am always good with smoky flavor in any recipe.
So today I am here to add one more classic noodles recipe, chicken ramen noodles, to enrich your repertoire. This easy chicken ramen noodles is another stir fry gem from my kitchen to yours.
I had got a packet of ramen from my recent trip to supermarket just to understand the difference between this noodles with the regular variety.
Well, there isn’t any stark difference to highlight; only that ramen is much quick cooking and softer than the regular noodles which I generally use.
Hence all the packed instant noodles sold in the market are nothing by ramen noodles. I kept the my chicken ramen recipe very straight and simple this time – just few tosses with my favorite chicken sausages and eggs with cute little green peas for a fresh breath of bright colors!
There has been a significant gap between my last recipe and this one thanks to the technical issue which brought our blog to a sudden standstill.
All this happened due to the unfortunate crash of our brand-new laptop which went to service center for a whole week and delayed all our plans. Technology sometimes makes you feel quite helpless, isn’t it?
Since we are publishing all video recipes in our blog nowadays and videos can only be edited in this new laptop, we had nothing but to wait for it to make its comeback!
Finally it’s back this weekend and I am here with my latest recipe of chicken ramen! This chicken ramen recipe is quite a good option for kids’ lunch or after school snacks.
It’s quite fulfilling and kids will be easily attracted to sausages and scrambled eggs. When I was in school, I always craved for noodles after school but would hardly get my hands on those utterly tempting-looking noodles on the street food joints as there was strict restrictions on our street food intake!
I wish I knew about this chicken ramen back then, so I could have treated myself with this scrumptious dish more often than not!
Ramen noodles are quite frequently used for making noodle soup because of its thin soft texture and quick cooking property. I am sure to give that a try next time I get a packet of ramen.
As I have already mentioned above, which you most probably already knew, that all the packaged instant noodles are ramen noodles which are sold with a sachet of spices and because of the soft texture of ramen, they cook so fast.
You can simple take a bunch of ramen noodles and boil them in water with your favorite flavors/spices until soft and cooked through – you will have your own customized instant noodles made with your own flavorings!
But before you do that, you must try this chicken ramen to see for yourself how tasty some simple dishes can be!
If you see my video and/or go through the recipe, you will notice that I have kept the sauce for my chicken ramen very minimal – only the basic ingredients – vinegar for sourness, brown sugar for sweetness and soy sauce for saltiness and depth of flavor and that’s all!
What can be simpler than this! And if you don’t find a packet of ramen noodles other than those instant noodles packs in your grocery store/supermarket, feel free to use those instant noodles block in this same recipe; they will work equally well!
I hope you will like this recipe of chicken ramen for its simplicity and yet very tempting and satiating. Do give this chicken ramen noodles a try and let me know how it worked for you!
- Ramen noodles – 250 gms
- Eggs – 2, beaten
- Chicken sausage – 8 to 10
- Garlic – 10 to 12 cloves, minced
- Leeks – 2, finely chopped, can be substituted with 1 cup of finely chopped onions
- Green peas – ¼ cup, if using fresh peas, then boil them in water until soft
- White vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
- Light brown sugar – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil – 4 to 5 tbsp
- Cook the ramen noodles in salted boiling water until it’s ¾ done. Drain the noodles and rinse in cold water for couple of times. Drain all the water out and let it rest in a colander until the remaining water drips off.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of oil in a wok and let it smoke. Add the beaten eggs and cook until set. Then take the cooked omelet out cut into thin long strips. Set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the wok. Once hot, add the chicken sausages and sauté until they turn golden brown. Then take them out and chop into small pieces. Set them aside.
- Now add the remaining oil to the wok and tip in the minced garlic. Sauté for a minute until they become fragrant.
- Next add the chopped leeks and sauté until golden brown. Then add the green peas and sauté on high for couple of minutes more.
- Now it’s time to add the flavoring ingredients. Add vinegar, soy sauce, light brown sugar and salt to taste. Mix everything well and let the sauce come to a boil.
- Then add the cooked ramen and stir fry on high to mix it thoroughly with the sauce.
- Finally tip in the cooked sausages and scrambled eggs. Toss everything well to combine and remove from heat.
- Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve the chicken ramen warm with your favorite ketchup. Enjoy!