Cute little mini Oreo cheesecakes will take your heart away instantly! These are perfect surprises for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day!
We are back from our short and sweet weekend getaway fully charged and energized to take on the challenges life throw on us! It’s kind of amusing to see how life plays with us – with our emotions, determinations and what not! But life has also given us few special things which help us deal with such challenging phases – like these gorgeous mini Oreo cheesecakes!
Life is really a beautiful thing and that’s what these stunning mini Oreo cheesecakes remind us about! Can anything really go wrong when I have these beauties at my disposal? I don’t think so! Cheesecakes have always been a tough spot for me but I loved them whenever I tried them while eating out. So, finally I got my hang of it and they came out a stunner this time!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and I am sure you guys have already planned your special day! If you are anything like me and still waiting for the last minute, then I have a suggestion for you! Chuck the crowd outside and spend a quiet romantic day indoors with your special person! Whip up my yummy chocolate mousse a day ahead and you will have the best quality time with your best person which you both deserve.
My today’s mini Oreo cheesecakes can also make a special appearance on your Valentine’s night dinner. This is so easy to make that you won’t even feel a thing while whipping it up in your kitchen. A very easy batter and very good looking cute little cheesecakes topped with bright red strawberries will make your day; any day for the matter of fact and not just the Valentine’s Day!
Cheesecakes are quite a new thing in the Indian cooking scenario and it has something which always intrigues me! The rich creamy texture of cheesecakes never fail to amuse me and I tend to lose myself in its decadence. My better half wasn’t too fond of cheesecakes initially and I was only to blame for that. My initial few attempts of cheesecakes didn’t produce great results (putting it very mildly!) which made him believe that cheesecakes are not worth the effort!
Finally, I busted his misbelief! Thanks to these handsome mini Oreo cheesecakes which won the heart of my cheesecake-critic hub too! Honestly, in one spoon you have the combination of yummy Oreo cookies with the smooth cream cheese layer mixed with the tartness of strawberries which is a pure heavenly feeling and you can’t afford to miss it! You have to give these mini Oreo cheesecakes a go with this guaranteed no-fail recipe and what could be better time than this! Happy baking!
- Oreo cookies – 100 gms (about 10 cookies)
- Melted butter – 4 to 5 tbsp
- Cream cheese – 450 gms, at room temperature
- Granulated white sugar – 135 gms (2/3 cup)
- Egg – 2, large
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Sour cream – ½ cup
- Preheat your oven to 150 C / 300 F and place the wire rack at center of the oven. Spray a mini cheesecake tray (one with the loose bottoms) with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Roughly break the Oreo cookies and place into the food processor. Using the chopping blade, pulse the processor so that the cookies are coarsely broken.
- Add the melted butter one tablespoon at a time and pulse after each addition and check if the cookies are sticking together when pinched. You may not need all the melted butter.
- Press a heaping tablespoon of the Oreo crumbs on the bottom of each cheesecake cup. Cover with a cling film and refrigerate while you make the filling.
- Take the cream cheese in a large bowl and using a hand mixer beat the cream cheese on low speed until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and sour cream.
- Take the cheesecake pan out from the refrigerator and evenly divide the filling among the 12 cups.
- Bake the cheesecakes for about 18 - 20 minutes or until firm on the sides but the centers of the cheesecakes are still a little wet and wobbly.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack. Let them cool for 30 minutes or more and then remove from pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight until firm.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and serve chilled.