This simple to make yummy banana muffin will not only save those over ripe bananas but will also impress your surprise guests to the core!
If you are a muffin lover then you have come to the right place. If you are a banana lover then you have come to the right place too as your favorite banana is going to get an awesome makeover soon and you are gonna love it! And if you are a banana muffin lover then I just have no words to express how ecstatic I am feeling inside! So I will simply urge you to stay on and witness the magic which is going to happen right here just in front of you! The humble looking over-ripe bananas, which you were about to throw out because no one in the house feels great about it, are going to transform into something which is simply to die for!
And yes you are right! The magic I am talking about is nothing but some absolutely delicious super moist and super flavorful banana muffin! My family does not like breakfast. I know it is not a good practice and we are struggling a lot to get back to a proper healthy routine, but the current status proves that we are not breakfast person at all. A cup of tea is what we need to shoo away the morning blues and ready to roll. But as I said this is not right. Since I really do believe that it is not right, I planned this banana muffins on last weekend so that we can have something handy early in the morning without much of thinking and get done with breakfast. Oh boy! What a terrific plan it was! Looking at these cuties, don’t you also agree with me?
It took me a long week to share this recipe of banana muffin with you guys and I am really guilty as charged. My awesome photographer who also happens to be my awesome hubby was done with the editing of all these cool pictures, but I still could not post it earlier. Honestly, I was darn tired this entire week and was down with a weird back pain too. Now things are settled and I don’t have any excuse to keep you guys away any more from this fail-proof recipe of super-cool banana muffin. These muffins are so simple to make that you don’t even need to pull out your hand mixer (don’t even think of stand mixer for this one!). All you need are just 2 bowls – one for dry ingredients and one for wet ingredients – and one spatula.
Holiday season is not too far now and it is the best time of the year to bake these goodies which will also make perfect homemade gifts for your friends & relatives. Trust me, they will fall in love with you when you surprise them with a basket full of these freshly baked, warm and flavorful awesome banana muffin! So while I get prepared for another hectic week ahead, you put on your apron, pull out the whisk and start prepping for these baked babies. This banana muffin is so good that I am sure you are gonna love me for sharing this recipe with you! Enjoy!
- All-purpose flour – 230 gms (1 & ¾ cup)
- Granulated white sugar – 150 gms (¾ cup)
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Ground cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Unsalted butter – 113 gms (½ cup), melted and cooled to room temperature
- Eggs – 2, large
- Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
- Ripe banana – 3 (about 1 & ½ cup), mashed with a fork
- Preheat your oven to 180 C / 350 F and place the wire rack at the middle of the oven. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients – flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Give gentle stir with a wire whisk.
- In another large bowl, mix melted butter, mashed banana, eggs and vanilla extract.
- With a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, lightly fold the wet ingredients (banana mixture) into the dry ingredients just until combined and the batter is thick. Do not over-mix as that would lead to a tough bread. Just mix it until everything seems to be incorporated and a homogeneous mixture is reached.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin making each ¾ full. You can use an ice cream scoop for this as I do and I smear some oil inside the scoop so that the batter falls off easily.
- Bake the muffins for about 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- If you feel the tops of your muffins are not brown enough, just shift the wire rack with the muffin tin to the lowest rack and turn on the broiler for just 1 minute or until the tops are browned. Do not leave the oven unattended at this point as few seconds delay can turn your beloved muffins from delish to disaster!
- Serve the super-tasty banana muffin warm or at room temperature with a hot cup of coffee or tea! Enjoy!