My easy-peasy healthy & delicious chicken club sandwich is the quick fix for lunch-on-the-go or a lazy weekend brunch! Yumm!
Did I tell you yet that I am a genuine sandwich-lover? Oh I didn’t! My bad! There is definitely some mysterious connection between me and that thing that I couldn’t ever overcome its irresistible attraction! Whenever I see those crunchy, cheesy grilled things in a café or somewhere, I feel like I am living only for them!
Can you imagine those two pieces of toasted bread with some gooey filling inside could have such overwhelming power!
You must be thinking if I am addicted to sandwich to such extent then why my blog doesn’t have too many sandwich recipes! That might be a normal thought; but think a little harder! Isn’t it too obvious?
Yes, sandwich is made way too frequently in our home thanks to my eternal love for them! But after a sandwich is out of the griller, do you think I will wait for it to be photographed! Of course not!
This time I made couple of extra so that it could be photographed and I can share it with you all.
These are lovely stuff and are very flexible. You can customize them as you like it. I kept it quite simple because my chicken filling was yum enough to give me immense pleasure!
I just added few simple things like bits of tomatoes and lettuce which were good for me. You can add pickled zucchini or carrots if you like.
For another twist on the chicken filling, please check out my chicken nugget sandwiches. If you are a nuggets lover, you will simply freak out on them!
- Bone-in chicken breasts – 1, medium
- Mayonnaise or your favorite cheese dip – 4 tbsp
- Tomato – 1, small, thinly sliced
- Fresh lettuce leaves – 1 or 2 leaves
- Sandwich bread – 6 slices
- Salt if needed
- Boil a pot of salted water and add the chicken breast to it. Simmer them for 25 minutes or until cooked. Drain and let them cool.
- Once cooled, chop the cooked chicken breasts into small pieces. Put them in a bowl.
- Add the mayo (I used my favorite olive and herbs cheese spread) to the chicken and season with salt if only needed. Mix the chicken and mayo using a fork to make a smooth filling mixture. Set aside.
- Toast the bread slices lightly and cut each of them diagonally into 2 pieces.
- Now to assemble the sandwich, place one diagonally cut bread slice onto your cutting board.
- Take a tablespoon of chicken-mayo filling and spread it evenly on the bread.
- Place 2 pieces of sliced tomatoes and 2-3 torn lettuce leaves on top of the chicken mixture.
- Take another diagonally cut bread slice and arrange the filling, sliced tomatoes and torn lettuce leaves as exactly the same way as above.
- Place one filled bread slice on top of the other. Cover the top slice with another cut bread slice. Fix all three layers using a tooth-pick.
- Serve with potato wafers and tomato ketchup!