I could hardly concentrate on anything after any vacation and a long one is worst of all! Neither am I getting energy for my office work, nor to cook. So I finally decided to charge myself up by coming back to my blog and share a recipe which was due for long.
This one may not even qualify as a ‘recipe’ recipe! But I still wanted to share this only because I myself was so happy to see how easily we can create some amazing flavors with minimal effort. Fresh produces have their own magic which we only have to adapt rightly.
We got these super fresh baby carrots and broccoli from a farmers’ market and I wanted to make something super healthy with them. I had heard that roasted broccoli tastes awesome; so I decided to combine both to create a beautifully colored palate.
I loved the smoky flavors of roasted carrots and broccoli. These will go best as a side with some roasted chicken or steak; or you can simply munch them on as a snack with your favorite dip!
- Baby carrots – 10 to 15
- Broccoli -2 heads
- Oregano – 2 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the broccoli into medium sized florets.
- Lightly peel the baby carrots.
- Wash the vegetables really well and pat them dry as much as possible.
- Put the veggies in a large bowl and add the salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil.
- Give all of them a good mix. I use my hands; you can use two large spoons by all means!
- Preheat the oven to 190 degree C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the vegetables in single layer on the line baking sheet.
- Drizzle some more olive oil on top and grill in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the vegies are charred and cooked through but still retain a crunch.
- Serve on the side with your favorite meat.