The spicy baked chicken wings is a very quick and easy chicken wings recipe which comes around in a jiffy and perfect for your coming game day snacks!
What is better than a bucket of tasty chicken wings? A bucket of baked chicken wings! What’s even better than baked chicken wings? Spicy baked chicken wings! I can give this in writing that you guys gonna love me forever for today’s recipe of spicy baked chicken wings! This is seriously crazy stuff and guess what? These baked chicken wings need only 4 ingredients! Hard to believe? Trust me on this – some insanely good stuff doesn’t take too many things but just the right amount of right ingredients and you are done! Chicken wings recipe is a new discovery for me and I have been totally freaky about it after trying these crazy spicy baked chicken wings!
Chicken is a popular choice for snacks in our home but it has mostly been boneless chicken bites like stir fried chili chicken or chicken fry. After looking at numerous chicken wings recipes on net, I got too motivated to get my chicken wings cracking in the oven and oh boy! What a stunner this spicy baked chicken wings proved to be! The crispy baked chicken wings dripping with the spicy & buttery sauce is simply to-die-for and is just the right snack for your game day! The sauce comes around just in 5 minutes which can also be premade to save some time and once the chicken wings are baked to perfection, toss them in and you are sorted!
I used Schezwan sauce for making the spicy sauce to coat my baked chicken wings. Schewan sauce has a very strong flavor with a lot of spicy kick, so use it sparingly. And if you can not handle that much heat, use any other hot sauce of your choice and the result will be equally pleasing. The bottled sauces are already added with some amount of sugar which when comes in contact with heat, become sticky and cling to the food it is tossed with and that’s exactly what you are looking for. The sticky goodness makes your baked chicken wings even more addictive and you won’t be able to stop at just two or three!
I made a mistake of making a small batch of these baked chicken wings and I strongly suggest you not to do the same. If you are making it for your gang, make a huge batch! And I mean H-U-G-E! You can estimate a pound of chicken per person and I am not exaggerating! No one will even look at anything else in the menu when you serve these spicy baked chicken wings before them, so you can pretty much consider these as dinner and keep your arsenal well filled up! Trust me, no matter how large a batch of these spicy baked chicken wings you make, you will still fall short and there will still be few disappointed grunts in the gang! This is that good!
Recipe adapted from The Endless Meal and modified as suited to our taste buds.
- Chicken wings – 15 to 20
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Unsalted utter – 2 tbsp
- Schezwan sauce – ½ cup
- Cilantro or parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken wings thoroughly. Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and toss with oil, salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Place the chicken wings on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until the wings are quite crispy.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Melt the butter in a large frying pan [big enough to hold all the chicken wings] over medium high heat.
- Add the Schezwan sauce and whisk to combine. [You may skip adding butter because ready-made Schezwan sauce already contains a lot of oil, but butter do add extra richness and glaze to the baked chicken wings!]
- Add some water to dilute the sauce. Let it come to boil.
- When the chicken wings are nicely baked, remove from the oven and add them to the sauce. Toss the pan to coat all chicken wings well with the sauce.
- Serve the spicy baked chicken wings hot garnished with a freshly chopped cilantro or parsley along with your favorite dip on the side. Enjoy!