Spicy chicken baked chicken wings are my all-time favorite starter without any doubt! These are spicy, crunchy and delicious! Period!
The soccer fever is at its peak and everyone is going ga-ga over their favorite team. Our home is no different and being way far from the host country ‘Brazil’, there are many sleepless nights since the World Cup has started.
Though I skip some matches as I can’t survive through the day if I don’t get my 7 hours good night sleep, my better half is simply glued to the television no matter what time of the day (read ‘night’) it is and still manages to continue his normal day!
Owing to the soccer season, I decided to make these crispy chicken wings which are perfect substitute of that KFC chicken bucket which you love to sit with in your couch while screaming for your team. To make it even better, these are oven baked and not fried at all, so you can simply have your bite without a bit of worry and just concentrate on the match!
Here is the recipe which takes very few regular ingredients and just a minute of preparation and then simply dash it to the oven. Once the chicken is cooked, mixing up with the sauce is another minute’s job and you are all set to have fun!
Recipe adapted from The Endless Meal and modified as suited to our taste buds.
Spicy Baked Chicken Wings
Serves: 4 servings
- Chicken wings – 15 to 20
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Olive oil or any flavorless vegetable oil or butter – 1 tbsp
- Schezwan sauce – 1 cup
- Cilantro or parsley – for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place the chicken wings in a large bowl and toss with the oil, salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Place the chicken wings on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the wings are quite crispy.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce. Melt the oil/butter in a large frying pan [big enough to hold all the chicken wings] over medium high heat.
- Add the Schezwan sauce and whisk to combine. [You can skip adding oil/butter because ready-made Schezwan sauce already contains a lot of oil.]
- Add some water to dilute the sauce. Let it come to boil.
- When the chicken has finished cooking, remove from the oven and add them to the sauce. Shake the pan to coat all chicken wings well with the sauce.
- Serve hot sprinkled with a little cilantro or parsley.