These quick and easy chicken popcorn can be your best buddy for movie night at home!
I don’t have any valid excuse for not sharing any recipe since such a long time. I can’t even convince myself. The pictures were ready; recipes were drafted; only because I couldn’t focus on writing the foreword, no post could be published. So finally I thought of quickly pen something down and share one of my favorite recipes with my readers with no story this time.
These super quick bites of chicken are extremely easy to make. No one can go wrong in making this crunchy & delicious chicken popcorn and impress your friends over the weekend. Here is the recipe.
Chicken Popcorn... Super Quick & Super Easy
Serves: 4 servings
- Chicken breast – 2, medium
- Eggs – 2
- Refined/all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Cut the chicken breast into small popcorn size pieces. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add a pinch of salt into it. Spread the flour in a plate.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan and let it be smoking hot.
- Now take one piece of chicken at a time, dip it into the beaten egg and then roll it on the flour and tip into the hot oil. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Fry 4 to 5 pieces max at a time; otherwise it would be too crowded and the temperature of the oil will drop significantly making the popcorn soggy.
- Do keep in mind that chicken breasts cook really fast and eggs make it even faster. So take them out as soon as the outer coating turns golden brown.
- Put the popcorn on a kitchen towel to absorb excess oil. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.