My quickest egg chicken fried rice is the perfect stressbuster meal for your busy weeknight when your deliverables are calling and you need extra protein to burn some midnight oil!
If you are in that phase of life where you are working for your living, then this stressbuster egg chicken fried rice is just the right thing for you! A demanding job always keeps us on our toes and the first thing that we ignore to follow through our professional commitments is having the right food for our mind and body. Same holds true for me and hence I am always on the lookout for quick recipes which would provide me the appropriate amount of nutrition that our body deserves. Today I have a perfect egg chicken fried rice recipe which I have named as my stressbuster fried rice as it is the perfect wholesome meal you will need after a hectic day! Don’t afraid to include rice into your diet as you will need that energy at times to keep things moving at the workplace.
My egg chicken fried rice is loaded with scrambled eggs and tiny bites of juicy chicken pieces which enhances the protein power of this dish keeping your brain alert for delivering the right outcome at the right time to the client. Best part of making this stressbuster egg chicken fried rice is that you can use your leftover rice to churn this one out; leftover rice is a constant pain in every household as there always remains little extra all the time. After trying this egg chicken fried rice, you will look forward to leftover rice to treat yourself with this deliciousness. You may be wondering what’s so special about this egg chicken fried rice that I am raving about so much!
It may sound and look like a typical egg chicken fried rice which I don’t deny totally. After all, egg chicken fried rice is not something that I have invented or something; it is one of the most loved and most creative dishes across globe. The recipe of egg chicken fried rice which I am sharing today is our family recipe which my mom used to make on special occasions. I used to regard this egg chicken fried rice as a special occasion recipe until I started cooking for my own. I realized that this egg chicken fried rice could be the easiest as well as the tastiest meal when you don’t want to cook something elaborate especially if it’s only for yourself. This is a great recipe for those of you staying alone and got tired of eating outside; just few ingredients and you are sorted for a great homemade dinner which is as tasty as your favorite restaurant’s food but way higher in nutrition! Enjoy!
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Chicken breast – 2
- Eggs – 4
- Carrots – 4, medium
- Green beans – 15 to 20
- Light Soy sauce – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Fish sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil – 2 tbsp
- Green/red/yellow bell pepper – 1, medium
- Salt to taste
- Chop the chicken breasts into small bite sized pieces or alternatively you can shred it into thin long strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a skillet and sauté the chopped chicken for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Take out from the oil and set aside on a tissue paper.
- Cut the vegetables – carrots, green beans, bell peppers – into small bite-sized pieces or alternatively into thin long strips. Parboil these vegetables in boiling water for 5 to 10 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Cook the rice till three-fourth done. Drain and set aside. It would be better if you cook down the rice after cooking. To do so, spread the rice on plates after draining all the water.
- Now heat little oil in a non-stick wok. Break one egg at a time and whisk it with salt. When the oil is hot, add the beaten egg and swirl the wok to make a round omelette. Flip it over when the bottom is cooked. Take it out when both the sides are cooked. Repeat the same for rest of the eggs.
- While the second egg is cooking, take the first omelette and cut it into long strips of 2 cm width. Reserve one long strip for garnishing and cut the remaining into 2 inch long strips. Repeat the same for rest of the omelettes.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same wok. Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, the parboiled vegetables and sautéed chicken. Stir them on high heat for a minute and then put off the heat.
- Now add the rice gradually. Once you start adding the rice, do not stir rigorously as stirring will tend to break the long grains of basmati rice. Add salt to taste and stir with a light hand to mix all the ingredients properly. The rice will change to a light brown color due to the light soy sauce.
- Sprinkle the omelette strips over the rice and give a final mix. Serve the egg chicken fried rice with your choice of Chinese gravy. Don’t forget to garnish with the reserved strip of omelette on the top though!