Here is another tofu recipe from my kitchen and the specialty of this one is this will always win the quickest snack/starter contest at any point of time! Honestly, I am not joking! My earlier recipe of crispy fried tofu was totally different in taste from this one and it was intentional. I wanted to make something quick but new so that I can share it with my readers. If you are already a tofu-lover, you should not think twice before making it; and if you are not, these crispy squares will surely turn you into one. These are great accompaniments with a hot cuppa on a rainy day and trust me, you will ask for more.
Hot and Crispy Tofu
Serves: 4 Servings
- Tofu – 200 gms
- Cornflour/corn starch – ¼ cup
- Breadcrumbs – ¼ cup
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Drain the tofu well. Wrap in a kitchen towel for some time to absorb any excess moisture. Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- Take a bowl and mix cornflour, breadcrumbs, red chilli powder and salt.
- Transfer the tofu cubes into the cornflour mixture and toss them to coat each tofu pieces really well.
- Heat enough oil in a deep wok for deep-frying. Once the oil is hot, tip the coated tofu into it, only 3 to 4 at a time.
- Fry them on medium-high heat till they turn golden brown. Take them out and put on a tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
- Fry all the tofu pieces similarly and serve hot with sweet chilli sauce.