Try these crazily addictive hot and crispy tofu if you want to go meatless without sacrificing any bit of tasty food! Plus, this hot & crispy tofu is vegan friendly too!
Attention all tofu lovers! I have got something for you which will make you fall for tofu all over again and if you are not a tofu lover, it will make you one today! My hot and crispy tofu is so crazily delish that I can bet you won’t be able to escape from its deliciousness! The combination of crispy outer coating with succulent texture inside, this crispy tofu is a killer recipe in itself. And with the kick of heat from chilli powder, this hot & crispy tofu goes to a different level altogether! But I haven’t told you the best part of this crispy tofu recipe yet – they can be done within 10 minutes straight! Not 1 hour, not even 30 minutes – right under 10 minutes. If you don’t trust me on this, do give it a try and you will love me for sharing this crispy tofu recipe with you all!
If I have to very honest with you, this crispy tofu recipe is not even a recipe as such. There is no complicated step involved in it which requires elaborate explanation. All you need to do is to coat the tofu cubes with a quick mixture of corn flour, breadcrumbs, chilli powder and salt. Then simply deep fry them and serve the hot & crispy tofu with a hot cup of tea as a quick bite or after work snack. Make sure to serve them hot as the tofu squares will not retain its crispy texture if you keep them long after deep frying. These crispy tofu cubes will also be a great party snack as you can whiz up a large batch in a jiffy and it will please vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike; plus, it will also cater to your vegan friends. Just make sure to prepare a really large batch of this crispy tofu as they won’t take long to vanish and there will be high demand for more! Take it from me!
- Tofu – 200 gms
- Cornflour/corn starch – ¼ cup
- Breadcrumbs – ¼ cup
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Drain the tofu well. Wrap in a kitchen towel for some time to absorb any excess moisture. Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes.
- Take a bowl and mix cornflour, breadcrumbs, red chilli powder and salt.
- Transfer the tofu cubes into the cornflour mixture and toss them to coat each tofu pieces really well.
- Heat enough oil in a deep wok for deep-frying. Once the oil is hot, tip the coated tofu into it, only 3 to 4 at a time.
- Fry them on medium-high heat till they turn golden brown. Take them out and put on a tissue paper to absorb the excess oil.
- Fry all the tofu pieces similarly and serve the hot & crispy tofu with sweet chilli sauce.